I Just Saved Thousands by Running My Faucet!
Preventing Burst Pipes
With frigid temperatures moving in, you’ll want to ensure your home is winter ready and prepared for the harsh elements. Below are recommendations on how to avoid dealing with frozen or burst pipes this season; we hope you’ll find new ways of winterizing your home on the inside and outside with these helpful tips and tricks!
Interior Weatherization Tips:
- Open bathroom and kitchen cabinet doors to allow warm air to circulate around pipes
- Get a slow drip going from the faucet to keep water moving to prevent freezing
- Set up a fan to help blow hot air into those cold rooms that just don’t seem to warm up
Exterior Weatherization Tips:
- Disconnect outside hose, turn water off and attach a cover over faucet
- Apply insulated pipe sleeves around piping in your basement or crawl space
- Add extra insulation to the attic, basement, or crawl space areas
If frozen or burst pipes do occur, you'll want to contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford to mitigate and remediate the damage, making it "Like it never even happened."