Rest Assured- You're in Good Hands
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So when the need arises for our emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford South has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Have Questions? Call Today – (508) 999-2380
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford South responds quickly to your New Bedford business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies. No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 Franchises. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Content Restoration- The Methods to Our Madness!
SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford specializes in the restoring of contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning
- Wet Cleaning
- Spray and Wipe
- Foam Cleaning
- Abrasive Cleaning
- Immersion Cleaning
No matter what type of disaster you are facing, you can rest assured that we have highly trained technicians that are dedicated to making sure that what ever you are going through, it will be dealt with efficiently and in no time we will have your place looking "Like it never even happened." Please, don't hesitate to contact at 508-999-2380 ASAP if you are ever in need!
What's a Puffback?
Furnace puff backs will require professionals to restore your home
Are you Maintaining Your Furnace? You may be at risk for a Puff Back!
Winter is most definitely here. If you have been holding out on turning your heat on you will most likely be forced to do it sooner than later. And if you haven’t maintained your furnace properly, you may be in for quite a mess when you turn that thermostat. That’s right, I’m referring to a furnace “puff back” that will cause your house to be covered in soot and smoke.
What Causes a Furnace Puff Back?
It’s basically a misfiring in the furnace that causes a puff back that will essentially send soot and smoke into every crevice of your home. Basically if there is a delay in the oil burner immediately igniting, and oil fumes are allowed to build up before it ignites, a small explosion can occur – just like the backfiring of a car. Furnace puff backs can also stem from a buildup of debris in your furnace that creates an explosion when the furnace is ignited. In both situations, the explosion will cause debris to shoot through the furnace's entire exhaust system and into your home. For buildings with a forced hot air system, the damage can be a lot more extensive since the air ducts will help spread the soot easily throughout your home. In addition to the damage caused to your home by a puff back, it's also a sign of a problem in your heating system that will need to be repaired to prevent any further misfiring of your furnace.
What to Do and Not to Do:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or surface yourself
- Don't turn on your ceiling fans, windows, doors, etc. It will increase air circulation that will spread the soot around even more.
- After a puff back occurs, try not to move around a lot. This will help prevent soot from getting embedded into the carpeting, upholstery, etc.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. This may cause the smoke odor to set into the material.
- The good news is that most puff back cleanups are covered by insurance
- Make sure a repairman is hired to repair the malfunctioning furnace
- Furnace puff backs will require professionals to restore your home so you’ll need to call SERVPRO of Marion/Middleboro at 508-946-2397
- Keep your hands clean so as not to further spoil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linen on rugs, upholstery, and carpets
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
- Throw away all exposed food
By calling us at SERVPRO of Marion/Middleboro you are ensuring that your property in the event of a furnace puff back is taken care of with the utmost of care. Our crews have been highly trained in smoke and fire damage. And we have the equipment and training to quickly turn your house into a home again. We're not only faster to any size disaster you have our word that we will make it…. (you guessed it) “Like it never even happened”!
Mold Prevention Tips
Mold Prevention Tips
When people hear the word mold, they automatically have a negative reaction to it, but did you know mold is everywhere? It’s in the air we breathe, and on many surfaces. Not all molds are harmful, and in fact, some molds have found their way into our homes willingly, such as penicillin and in blue cheeses.
Mold can however, affect people in different ways. If you’d rather not find out if you’d have a bad reaction to mold, the following is a list of tips for mold prevention:
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can – no higher than 50% - all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low.
- Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperatures, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once an day.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Contact SERVPRO Dartmouth/New Bedford immediately to clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly after flooding.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly.
- Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
For more information see the CDC website
Addressing Real Estate Concerns
Buying a house is easy and fun, right?
Buying a house is easy and fun, right?
Buying and selling real estate can be fun I suppose, but it can also unearth a number of issues with the properties. Previous owners may have had pets that left stains on carpets, or were heavy smokers and there is staining and the smell is just lingering. SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford has partnered with many local Realtors to make sure that the homes being sold and purchased in our area are move in ready.
If you’re looking to sell your home and just want to have the carpets freshened up for the new owner, we can usually provide service with about a week notice. Maybe you just purchased a new home and you want to make sure the duct work is clean and allergen free, we can take care of that as well.
If you’re a real estate agent, keep us in mind for your clients’ needs. We offer many services, such as mold remediation and nicotine cleaning, to help your real estate transactions go off without a hitch. We're only a phone call away at 508-999-2380!
Water Damage Timeline
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage
In many cleaning and restoration situations, like storms immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Why Choose Us Over Them?- Training
Why Choose Us Over Them?- Training
Thanks for asking! Here's just one, but it's a big one. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Here's just one of the types of training and certification we do:
IICRC Training and Certification
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT)
This four-day course covers mold and sewage remediation techniques and how to perform these procedures in the field while protecting the health and safety of workers and occupants on your property.
- Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASD)
Technicians learn to dry water-damaged structures efficiently and effectively using monitoring devices, extraction systems, and drying equipment. This three-day course includes comprehensive classroom and hands-on training to develop technical and practical drying expertise.
- Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT)
This two-day course covers pre-inspection, fabric identification, cleaning chemicals and equipment, and proper cleaning techniques for residential and commercial applications.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT)
Technicians will learn about types of smoke and fire damage, job planning, equipment, and practical cleaning procedures in fire and smoke settings. This two-day course also includes instruction on odor and deodorization concepts.
- Odor Control Technician (OCT)
Technicians learn to address odors and deodorization techniques. This one-day course covers odor control caused by biological sources such as decomposition, urine contamination, mold, and other sources.
- Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician (UFT)
Technicians learn fiber identification and upholstery cleaning methods. This two-day course also covers identifying upholstery cleaning problems before fabrics shrink, bleed, crown, or distort.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT)
This three-day course covers the concepts of water damage and its effects in residential and commercial settings. Technicians learn techniques and procedures to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold.
"There's No Way I'm Touching That!"
Life is just messy, isn’t it?
Life is just messy, isn’t it? Kids and pets tracking mud and dirt into the house. General clutter around the house that keeps piling up. Dust that seems to be a never ending battle. Most messes require little more than warm soapy water and a little elbow grease. But then there are other messes. The ones that make you say something like " There's no way I'm touching that!" Those types of cleanups are categorized as biohazards. That's a whole different story.
Certain precautions need to be taken when dealing with biohazards. You could put yourself, or family in danger if you try to take care of them yourself. SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford has the training, equipment and expertise to handle all types of biohazards, such as:
- sewage backups
- crime scene residues
- suicide/homicide/death accidents
- blood cleanup
- hoarding scenes
- animal waste/remains
- chemical spills
- tear gas cleanup and
- meth lab cleanup
- the list goes on...
We at SERVPRO hope you never have to deal with these types of situations, but if you do, we’re here to help. All you need to do is call us at 508-999-2387.
Have no fear... SERVPRO is here!
No one plans to have emergency fire and water situations
No one plans to have emergency fire and water situations, and as such they can catch us off guard and disrupt our daily lives. Fire and water emergencies in our places of business are no different. It can be very difficult to conduct your day to day business operations when your office is floating in a foot of water.
Have no fear... SERVPRO is here!
Most recently we had a busy chiropractic office with a leak in the roof that caused a number of their exam rooms to be affected. We worked around their busy schedule to get the damages taken care of, so that they could get back to helping patients.
That’s what we’re all about here at SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford, getting you back to work and making your emergency situation like it never even happened.
Dear Business Owners,
We are so much more than just a fire and water clean-up service!
Odds are that you know SERVPRO is an industry leader when it comes to commercial fire and water clean-up and restoration. And that we are available to respond to your businesses fire and water emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We also have access to resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 franchises, which means no project is too big for us to handle.
Something that you may not be aware of is that we are so much more than just a fire and water clean-up service! We offer professional services to get your business looking its best. Maybe your office’s carpets could use freshening up, or maybe your restaurant’s kitchen could use a deep cleaning. How dirty are those A/C vents? Imagine how dirty the air ducts are on the inside! We have the right cleaning tools and products to get the job done.
You can depend on SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford to get your workplace looking its very best. Call us today at 508-999-2380.